Dwarves are one of the playable races in Neverwinter and are available at launch.
Dwarves are a short and stout people claiming to have been hewn from the underground rock they call home. Strong, hardy, and dependable, they have deep respect for their friends, gods, and ancestors. These pious people revere Moradin as their creator while still honoring the different gods who oversee various aspects of their lives. They make excellent fighters and clerics. They find no greater honor than standing by and protecting an ally in combat or having a beer with them.
Many dwarves can be found in Neverwinter. Some seek the glory and honor of battle, while others seek the wealth found in rebuilding the city.
- Ability Scores: Grants you +2 Constitution, and either +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom.
- Stand Your Ground: You have 20% increased resistance effects that Knock and Push you.
- Bug: Currently this only appears to function in PVP - monsters always have a 100% chance to knock or repel you if they try. It works in PvP roughly 10% of the time.
- Cast-Iron: You gain a bonus 5% Defense.
Random names for dwarves are composed of a first and last name.
- Female first names include: Artin, Bardryn, Diesa, Eldeth, Falkrunn, Gurdis, Helja, Kathra, Kirstryd, Mardred, Riswynn, Torbera, Vistra
- Male first names include: Adrik, Baern, Berend, Darrak, Dontspill, Eberk, Fargrim, Gardain, Harbek, Kildrak, Morgain, Orsik, Rangrim, Thoradin, Thorfin, Tordek, Travok, Vondal
- Last names include: Battlebeard, Battlefate, Battleheart, Gemviper, Lorearthen, McGinnis, Mineshadow, Runehouse, Spiritforged, Stoneheart, Strifeminer, Swordsteel, Torgarsaxe