|Location Type:||Adventure Zone|
The Winter Festival is an annual calendar event.
Visit the village of Twilight Tor and witness the wondrous celestial event, the Lights of Simril. Get into the festival spirit by trading fallen [Light of Simril] with other stargazers. Try your hand at ice fishing or join a race in a fabulous [Winter Sled]! And much, much more!
Come by every day for special activities and unique rewards available only once a year, including Woolen Scarves, Winter weapons, a [Dappled Riding Horse] and new companions: the [Fawn of Shiallia] and the [Frost Mimic]!
The stars are aligned, and the Lights of Simril are in full glow. Get bonus [Light of Simril] for festival activities and earn new rewards, including unique Woolen Scarves, and additional rewards for professions tasks.
Come by the Winter Festival, found on the overhead map, every day for special activities and unique rewards available only once a year!
Quests[edit | edit source]
|A Light for Simril||325|
|Lore of Simril||10|
|Simril Celebration (repeatable)||5 (10 during Zenith)|
|Omens of the Stars (repeatable)||2 (4 during Zenith), 1, [Mysterious Fortune], [Spirit of Simril]|
|Simril Crafts||from performing Simril Lightcrafting: [Hero's Feast], [Resplendent Citrine], [Faintly Glowing Citrine], [Lightwine]|
|Simril Fishing||up to 45, [Ring of Lights]|
|Star Stuff (repeatable)||[Starlight Voucher]|
|Far From Home||[Flake of Blacklead]|
|White Dragon Gift Exchange|
|Refugee Recruitment (repeatable)||2 [Stronghold Vouchers]|
- This quest is offered by The Builder in the Guild Stronghold during the Winter Festival
Currencies[edit | edit source]
- [Star of Fortune]: reward from Omens of the Stars daily quest, and during the Zenith from the Tarmalune Trade Bar store
- [Light of Simril]: reward from quests, contests, and Sword Coast Adventures, also looted occasionally from enemies and skill nodes throughout the game, also contained in [Shower of Lights].
- [Ring of Lights]: reward from Twilight Run contest and Sword Coast Adventures
- [Winterkill Emblem]: reward from "Demons on Ice" contest and Sword Coast Adventures
- [Flake of Blacklead]: reward from "Demons on Ice" contest, Simril Lightcrafting task "Open [Sickly Marimo]", completing skirmishes in the Underdark, completing Demogorgon or Epic Demogorgon, completing Demonic Heroic Encounters
Simril Store[edit | edit source]
Star of Fortune Store[edit | edit source]
|[Twilight Yeti]||Available from Winter Festival 2018/2019|
|[Star of Simril]||14||Available from Winter Festival 2018/2019|
|[Spirit of Simril]||2|
|[Gift of Simril]||1|
Activities and Contests[edit | edit source]
Rotation: 12min Ice Fishing, 3min break, 12min Twilight Run, 3min break, 12min Demons on Ice, 3min break
- Gold Bracket: 45 (90 during Zenith)
- Silver Bracket: 25 (50 during Zenith)
- Copper Bracket: 15 (30 during Zenith)
- Bronze Bracket: 9 (18 during Zenith)
- Ice Fishing: [Light Pod]
- Demons on Ice: [Winterkill Emblem], [Flake of Blacklead]
- Twilight Run: [Ring of Lights]
Ice Fishing[edit | edit source]
- [Simple Fishing Pole] 5
- [Glowing Fishing Pole] (Simril Lightcrafting level 1)
- [Bright Angler's Fishing Pole] (Simril Lightcrafting level 2)
- [Brilliant Angler's Fishing Pole] (Simril Lightcrafting level 3)
- [Sparkling Starlight Fishing Pole] (Simril Lightcrafting level 3)
- [Bright Shiny Lure] (Simril Lightcrafting level 1 & 2)
- [Mesmerizing Lure] (Simril Lightcrafting level 3)
- [Golden Szorp] found in pouches, purses and bags
- [Sabiki Rig] found in the Zen Market or in Starlight Parcel's during the event (2014-)
- [Brown Bream] (trade 10 for 1) (1 point)
- [Blackjaw] (trade 10 for 2) (2 points)
- [Durgrace] (trade 10 for 5) (4 points)
- [Candlefish] (trade 5 for 5) (8 points)
- [Sodden Pouch] (2 points)
- [Soaked Purse] (4 points)
- [Waterlogged Bag] (8 points)
Fishing holes can be common, uncommon, rare or epic quality. Holes last a set number of casting attempts before despawning. Higher quality holes last fewer attempts. For instance, uncommon fishing holes last 12 attempts, rare fishing holes last 6 attempts and epic fishing holes last only 4 attempts.
Occasionally, an Unlucky Angler skeleton will pop up and attack.
Monsters on Ice / Demons on Ice[edit | edit source]
- Frost Goblin Cutters (1 point)
- Frost Goblin Sharpshooters (1 point)
- Ice Troll Grunts (2 points)
- Winterforge Rimefire Golems (5 points)
- Hrimnir's Hand Gronkunbonk (giant) (20 points)
For the third run of the event, the monsters were replaced with Demons:
- Shrieking Cultists (1 point)
- Shadow Demons (1 point)
- Barlgura (2 points)
- Zythar (2 points)
- Glabrezeu (5 points)
- Plee (demon boss) (20 points)
- Aakhii (demon boss) (20 points)
Twilight Run[edit | edit source]
Slide down the course. The glowing chevrons grant a 5-second speed buff that stacks up to 4 times, after which hitting a chevron refreshes the buff's duration. The twenty-five slalom gates are worth 10 points each. The four rally gates are 100 points each. A fast mount helps reach the rally gates within the 30 second limit. Bonuses appear as bags randomly on the course. Gold Bonuses are 200 points, Silver Bonuses are 100 points.
Lore[edit | edit source]
There are four sources of lore from the Winter Festival: the Lore of Simril quest, an inscription in the Old Temple, random constellations from the Omens of the Stars quest and random fortunes from opening Mysterious Fortunes.
Lore of Simril[edit | edit source]
- Fishing on Glorfindar
- Demons on Ice
- Twilight Tor
- The Twilight Run
Omens of the Stars[edit | edit source]
- Auroth the Ice Snake
- Eyes of the Watching Woman
- Jassa's Dagger
- Lavarandar's Lantern
- Mystra's Star Circle
- The Arrows of the Gods
- The Sleepless Knights
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Ice Fighter: Participate in the "Monsters on Ice" event 10 times
- Ice Fisher: Participate in the "Ice Fishing" event 10 times
- Simril Celebrant: Celebrate the Winter Festival
- Simril Knight: Celebrate the Winter Festival 10 times
- Twilight Runner: Participate in the "Twilight Run" event 10 times
Zen Market[edit | edit source]
During the festival, the following items are offered on the Zen Market:
Dates Run[edit | edit source]
|Sequence||Dates to||Dates from|
|1||December 19, 2013||January 9, 2014|
|2||December 19, 2014||January 9, 2015|
|3||December 17, 2015||January 7, 2016|
|4||December 15, 2016||January 12, 2017|
|5||December 14, 2017||January 4, 2018|
|6||December 20, 2018||January 10, 2019|
|7||December 12, 2019||January 2, 2020|
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Winter Festival Event Preview
- Winter Festival – More Rewards!
- Winter Festival Event Preview
- The Winter Festival of Simril Has Begun!
- The Winter Festival's Zenith has Begun!
- Last Chance: Winter Festival Event
- Neverwinter: The Winter Festival of Simril Preview
- Simril Festival Rewards: Gifts that Keep on Giving
- Neverwinter: The Winter Festival is Live!
- Neverwinter: Winter Events Schedule - Gifts and 2x!
Video[edit | edit source]
- Winter festival loot: