Wood Elves are one of the playable races in Neverwinter since launch. Their portrait is labeled "Elf" on the racial selection screen, displaying "Wood Elf" on the detail when selected.
Wood Elves are a racial variants of Elf race. Two types of Elves are common near Neverwinter: Wood Elves and Wild Elves. Wood Elves more closely resemble their Eladrin cousins (Moon/Sun Elves); they are long-lived, slender, and athletic people who tend to make their homes in the woods. They've been present since Faerûn's natural beauty faded, and yet they still strive to preserve and restore the natural wonders of the Forgotten Realms. Wanderlust has no place in their lives and they consider themselves as solemn caretakers of ancient empires. Unlike Wild Elves, they did not detach themselves from this world. They learned from past conflicts to be compassionate towards other elven and non-elven races to be prominent.
Some wood elves have chosen to help defend Neverwinter, realizing that if this bastion of humanity falls, the surrounding beauty won't be far behind. These Wood Elves tend to specialize based on their characteristics as great rangers, wizards, or even powerful clerics.
They have the same range of complexions as humans, tending more toward tan or brown hues. A typical elf's hair color is dark brown, autumn orange, mossy green, or deep gold. Elves' ears are long and pointed, and their eyes are vibrant blue, violet, or green. Elves have little body hair, but they favor a wild and loose look to their head hair. Elves mature at about the same rate as humans, but show few effects of age past adulthood. The first sign of an elf's advancing age is typically a change in hair color — sometimes graying but usually darkening or taking on more autumnal hues. Most elves live to be well over 200 years old and remain vigorous almost to the end.
Agile, friendly, intuitive, joyful, perceptive, quick, tempestuous, wild, open-minded
- Ability Scores: Grants you +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom.
- Elven Accuracy: You gain a bonus +5% Critically Strike.
- Wild Step: You have a 10% resistance to effects that Slow your movement.
Random names for wood elves are composed of a first and last name.
- Female first names include: Adrie, Birel, Chaedi, Dara, Enna, Faral, Irann, Keyleth, Lia, Mialee, Shava, Thia, Valna
- Male first names include: Adran, Aelar, Beiro, Carric, Erdan, Gennal, Heian, Lucan, Peren, Rolen, Theren, Varis
- Last names include: Bearcharger, Darksbane, Duskwalker, Gentleharp, Huntinghawk, Loreweaver, Moonshadow, Silentread, Stalkingwolf, Taletreader, Treantspatience, Wolfsbane